Railway station - Eggenschwand - Fifalle - Waldhotel Doldenhorn - railway station
Duration: approx. 1 hr. 30 mins.
Distance: 4.5 km
This hike begins behind the railway station and heads in the direction of Eggenschwand. After you have followed the train route you meet up with the meandering course of the river Kander. The route continues along the river past the Scout Centre. After the southern turning point you cross the main road and hike into the wonderful Filfalle region. Here you are in the middle of the popular 5-km cross-country ski run and can experience this enthralling Nordic sport close up. At the Waldhotel Doldenhorn hike as far as the guesthouse Ruedihus, along the mountain railway line and back to the rail station.
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.