Niedermatti - Weir - along the river Kander and back to the starting point
Duration: approx. 50 mins
Distance: 3.3 km
This relatively easy hiking tour takes you into one of the sunniest areas, Niedermatti. In good weather conditions you can admire the paragliders landing. Continue in the direction of the weir and finally along the river Kander back to the starting point.
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.