Widi - Oeschibach stream crossing - Oeschinensee base station - Oeschigässli - weir - railway station
Duration: 2 hrs.
Distance: 5.8 km
A circular route with plenty of interesting sights continuing past the Evangelical Church, uphill on “Feldweg” and into the “Wildi” area. After several minutes you arrive at the heart of the snow-covered Oeschiwald - an idyllic location for relaxation and recovery. After the start at the ice rink you cross Oeschibach stream and walk past Oeschinensee base station. The hike continues through Oeschigässli in a northerly direction. Tip: Enjoy the snow-covered winter landscape in one of the sunniest spots in Kandersteg. Seating benches invite you to stay a while longer. From the weir it is a relatively easy hike along the river Kander and to the railway station.
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.