Oeschiwald - Risetenegg (at altitude) - Filfalle - Kandersteg centre
Duration: 3 hrs.
Distance: 12.2 km
Kandersteg Hiking Tour
The circular hiking route offers a rewarding and challenging tour around Kandersteg. Enjoy the numerous highlights on this hiking trail: Oeschiwald with its Nordic atmosphere, the stunning viewing point “Ristenegg”, the wonderful routes along the river Kander and the magical landscape in the Filfalle region. After the hike you can recall all the different impressions in a warm guesthouse.
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.