Along the river Kander - Höhwald - “Risetenegg” viewing point- Bütschels - Starting point
Duration: 2 1/2 hrs.
Distance: 6.3 km
Alpine hiking tour
This circular tour begins along the river Kander heading north. Now the route climbs into Höhwald. After you have made the 140-metre ascent, we suggest a short detour to the viewing point “Ristenegg”. The view over the village of Kandersteg and the Blüemlisalp mountain range is magnificent. Then, it’s time for the descent in the direction of “Bütschels”. This part of the hike again continues through parts of Höhwald and especially beautiful forest glades. You reach the viewing point again along the river Kander.
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.