Kandersteg - Oeschinen cable car - Oeschinensee
Duration: approx. 1 hr.
Distance: 3 km
Winter hiking route Oeschinensee
From the railway station the route continues to Oeschinensee base station. You reach Oeschinen in just a few minutes with the modern Oeschinensee cable car. (altitude of 1,682 m). The hiking route leads to Oeschinensee from the foot of the impressive Blüemlisalp mountain range. If the ice is thick enough you may also meet ice fishers on the mountain lake.
An insider tip: make a detour on the left shore of the lake to Eisturm and enjoy nature at its most picturesque!
An easy hike back to the cable car or on the fast sledging route down into the valley. The footpath to the village is closed in winter!
Tips for winter hikers
- Wear good waterproof trekking shoes and use walking sticks that make it much easier to hike through snow.
- Temperature differences during the day can be significant. Warm clothing, sunglasses and suncream will also protect you from unpleasant surprises.
- Winter can transform nature into an amazing artwork. Keep a camera at the ready to capture images of these winter impressions.
- However, the charms of the mountain and winter landscape are also associated with several hazards. In no circumstances leave the marked hiking routes!
- You should also avoid hiking on ski slopes and cross-country ski runs.
- Please respect wildlife habitats. They already need a lot of energy to survive the harsh winter without any interference from humans.
- If necessary, please keep your dog on a lead.